Tuesday, April 04, 2006

I am sooooo bad about keeping up with this. I was bad about writing in my diary as a kid too, so this is not a surprise to me. I was even bad about doing homework until the last possible minute as well. I saw a cartoon recently where a husband was rubbing his wife's shoulders and telling her he would get rid of all the tension she had from trying to complete a project at 2am. When he finally rubbed all the tension from her neck and shoulders she melted and said "But the stress is what held me together, and now I can't work anymore." I sometimes think that is me.
I have told my younger daughter about my BLOG so now I am feeling as if I must keep this current.
I was at the coast over the weekend and it rained most of the time. I don't mind that, I just love being there. But, I do like to run. Saturday I was able to slip in between the rain and actually ran in the sunshine! I met some young folks at the top of Courier's property and talked to them for a while. I guess an "old lady" running is an anomoly and they seemed to take great pleasure in questioning me about what I was doing.......they even cautioned me to be careful on my way down because of the loose rock. GOOD GRIEF!!! I run on loose rock on purpose to strengthen my muscles in my ankles and feet. But then on Sunday the rain was clearly not going to take a breath. So, I put on my rain pants, a shell, a baseball cap with a long bill and my gloves and I went out in the rain and ran 2 1/2 miles. It was a great pleasure. I came back soaked from the outside in and the inside out. Mike had built a fire in the woodstove and the shower was hot. I came back downstairs and almost fell asleep reading the Sunday paper. So much for my rule that I don't care what happens while I am running, but I don't like to go out the door when it is already raining. I guess my feet are webbing and I am truly becoming an Oregonian. We rust, you know, rather than tanning.
OK, I've bored you enough. I have a question for any of you who are reading this. What is your defination of ART? Do you have expectations of beauty? Should it please you or just make you reflect or think? Or is it a way of seeing the world through another's eyes? Let me know how you view art and what you feel it should be.

No comments: