Monday, April 17, 2006

Back to Work




It's Monday evening and another week looms ahead. I have got to get back to the gym and run at least three days a week again. The new gym has put me off with it's "meat-market" atmosphere and phoney, glitzy facade. I talked to June DeSimone (one of our Docs) today and she feels the same way. We liked the funky old gym where folks just went to work out and not to posture. Yuk!
I received an email from Eric today announcing his Commencement ceremonies from USC on May 12th. One way or another I am going to be there. Perhaps I'll fly down if Mike can't get away for a few days of sunshine. I certainly cannot pass up watching my son graduate with a Master's Degree from USC! Besides, Eric said if I packed light he'd pick me up in the Porsche! Can't pass that up either.
The weekend at the coast was very restful....especially since it hailed and rained the whole time. But I got half of an afghan crocheted for Emily and will be able to finish it by Saturday I'm sure.
I'll attach a couple of photos that I took Saturday evening from Gordon Matlock's driveway overlooking Haystack Rock at the beach. It was almost sunset and the storm clouds were very pretty. When we first arrived the surf was vicious and disorganized. As we watched, it calmed down and became an orderly procession of wave sets and gave up some nice reflections of the rocks and sun. I hope you enjoy them. If you double click on the photos they will enlarge. Click the back arrow to return to the text.

No comments: