Another sunny day!!!! I raced home this evening to purchase a Weed Eater and work in my yard. I actually got the back yard mowed before I had to hire someone's goat to pasture out in it. I would not have thought a 33' X 36' back yard could be a challange to mow, but spring in Oregon brings a wonderous growth spurt to grass. I even was able (in semi-darkness) to spread some mulch in the area where I hope to plant the veggies that patiently await in small pots. Tomorrow I will once again hurry home to, hopefully, plant those veggies. I have now collected, in addition to my lawn mower and weed eater, a leaf rake, a toothed rake, a mattock, a forked goodie that does well for mixing mulch and various other small tools. I also have a lovely RED wheelbarrow and several hoses that I will endeaver to link to my front yard since it has no hose bib available.
My new truck is serving me well in transporting all my various garden implements and supplements. I have missed having a truck. Even though the 'Burb was a wonderful vehicle and very luxurious to drive, I had missed being able to toss "whatever" in the bed of a truck. I guess I am simply a country girl at heart. I grew up driving a truck and perhaps that forms you for life.
I have no photos to post for this evening, although I would have taken one coming home this evening had I owned a panoramic camera or lens. Being a clear, warm, day I was able to see Mt. St Helens, Mt Ranier, Mt. Adams and Mt. Hood from Highway 30. I truly live in a beautiful area and feel very grateful for it every day. I don't even mind the commute. It is a new experience each day and always a treat.
Wednesday, April 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment