I hope all of you had a nice weekend. I am at the coast at Mike's. It has stormed nearly all weekend and there is still lots of "white stuff" on the ground this afternoon. The white stuff is actually hail, which Mike measured at about 1 inch this morning. We had the most awesome thunder and lightening storm last night that I have ever experienced and all through it the hail was pounding and pounding on the roof and windows! I haven't even gone out to run. Even though we have moments of bright, beautiful sunshine, the rain and hail return quickly and with a vengence. A little light rain is one thing to run in, but this hail....no thanks!
I purchased sweet peas, Walla Walla onions and edible peas yesterday at the local nursery. Thank heavens I haven't planted them yet. They would have surely been beaten flat last night. I'm not sure if I can even plant them today. Perhaps if I make a lean-to of some old glass windows we have it might be OK.
I drove my new truck up to Warrenton and back over Old Lewis & Clark Road yesterday. Even though it was difficult to see through the hail most of the way, my truck handeled beautifully on all the curves. It was quite fun to drive.....much different than my 'Burb. I am enjoying having a stick shift again. Jeremy's new truck is manual as well but he's not too crazy about that aspect of it. I guess I'm just old fashioned....or maybe just old!
Well, here comes the sun again. Perhaps I'll try to go out and plant some of those plants I bought. It's quite cold out though (duh, there's ice on the ground) so I might be easily discouraged.
Sunday, April 16, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment