

Late this evening I went out to put a load of laundry in the wash. It was raining lightly and as I came back up my front steps I noticed a wee small face peering at me from under the eaves of my front porch. I looked closer-my porch light was on-but I couldn't tell if the face belonged to a small, fuzzy bird or to something that looked like a very furry hamster. Not wanting to disturb the little beast, I went for my camera with a telephoto lens. I figured that I could enlarge a photo and perhaps see what he/she was.
I have looked at the pictures and enlarged them. It is clearly a bird. I am wondering if it could possibly be a baby owl. We have owls across the street that I hear at different times of the year. What ever this is, it remains still on my porch. It seems to be awake and watch me when I come & go, but has made no attempt to move. I hope it is well and comfy and does not present a problem. It would be really cool if this was actually an owl. Perhaps someone at work or Mike will recognize the little face. I wonder what it would like to eat?
No comments:
Post a Comment