
Well, the jury is still out on what kind of bird my new resident is. Mike and I still think he/she could be an immature owl and Rachel is thinking it could be a fat house sparrow. But whatever it is, he/she returned this evening.
The bird has chosen the opposite corner of my porch roof this evening and is in the NW corner where it is even more protected from the elements. When I checked, at about 8:45pm, the little bird was active and aware. The NW corner seemed to be a nice refuge. Right now, at 10:40 the bird is quiet and resting. Perhaps I have a new "roofmate" for my porch. That would be fine with me, especially if this avian creature would do away with the ever larger spiders that seem to inhabit the upper regions of my porch roof. I know that many birds feed upon insects and that would be a great symbiosis as far as I am concerned. I am totally willing to feed and clean up after birds in exchange for the demise of the insect population explosion. Especially the arachnids!! They should live and be well outside, but they can't seem to stay outside.
I will update the residency of my bird as it happens. And I hope it continues to happen.
No comments:
Post a Comment