In addition to the ceiling fan installation, Mike cut down the legs of an end table to be my new coffee table. It is small and square and looks so much better than the large beast my neighbor Bart and I removed. I'm not sure what I will do with the old table, but it is way too big for my little house.
I'm still learning to operate my wood stove without driving everyone out of the house with too much heat. It's very efficient and it's difficult to build a fire large enough to maintain and small enough to not overwhelm the area. Perhaps when the weather is colder outside that will be easier. I sure hope so. Right now, with the temperature only in the low 50s, I frequently need to open the front door.
Mike brought me shakes for kindling, wood for the stove and lumber scraps as well. We bought a little hatchet today for me to split the shakes in the bucket. I've tried it out and it is just perfect! I have an axe already for splitting larger logs. I'll need to do that since my little stove need smaller pieces to burn well. I am certain that I will be able to keep warm this winter even if the power goes out. From the way the little copper kettle on top of my stove simmers, I know I could cook on it too.
No comments:
Post a Comment