Tuesday, October 09, 2007

A Golden Morning



Today was one of those golden mornings that, if you have any sensibilities at all, make you grateful to live in NW Oregon.
As I drive to work in the morning I usually listen to my radio, either to KINK or 105.9. Both stations were sounding like "blah, blah, blah" this morning, so I turned to 89.9 All Classical. Chopin's Violin Concerto #1 was playing. As I looked East (to my left) I saw a beautiful sunrise. Mt. Hood was silhouetted against an orange sky. There is very little opportunity to pull over, but when I arrived at Scappoose I made a U-Turn and parked. I could not resist the photo opportunity. I could not begin to capture the beauty of the moment but I have included here my feeble attempts.
As I continued toward Portland another very beautiful scene unfolded that was not attainable to my camera due to highway construction. The Multnomah channel was calm and reflective in the morning light. As I gained Sauvie Island bridge, not only were the golden Fall trees reflected in the still waters, but so was Mt. Hood. Oh, to have had the room to turn around and park!!! But, I took in the scene in my mind's camera and enjoyed the music to match as I drove. I doubt I will ever forget what I saw.
I have been here almost five years now and I still marvel at what I see on a daily basis. This must be one of the most beautiful places on earth. I feel so privileged to be living here. I enjoy my drive to work each day. That must be, I am sure, something that not everyone can boast. I truly appreciate the beauty here. I only wish I had the talent to record it accurately with my humble camera lens.

No comments: