




What a treat! I took 2 days off work and realize I should do this more often.
Tuesday was the 2nd hottest day of our year and a record for June in this area-as was Monday- and I gathered all the necessary stuff to install a sprinkler system in my back yard and bring water to the front. Mike gave me 5 lengths of PVC pipe left over from a long-ago project of his. I was able to actually make a hose bib in the front yard and WATER! I'm sure the plumbing police would disapprove and snicker at my work, but water is water and my plants seemed just as happy as if it conformed to Union standards. Besides, the sky provides most of the water we need here, so this is just for those few days a year that are truly HOT.
Tuesday evening Mike & I went to the Aladdin to see Arlo Guthrie and family. What a treat that show was. We loved it. For my part, I could have been content just to hear Arlo sing Alice's Restaurant in person. I will never forget that.
Wednesday dawned cooler, but still a beautiful day. It was as if the Weather Gods knew I didn't want to dig ditches in 100 degree heat. I prepared the ditch for the PVC, laid out the pattern of pipes, elbows and sprinklers and needed only one more trip to Ace Hardware to complete my needs. Of course, Tuesday I had made 2 trips to Ace and one to True Value, so I guess that's about par for the course. And I only got two or three blotches of blue glue on my body putting the pieces together. Some of the PVC Mike donated was very permanently curved. I was able to work several of those curves into the pattern and had only to cut out two sections. Anyway, the system is in and it works. I have included photos of the exposed pipe in my little ditch and then of the sprinklers actually working. My garden is maturing and I am enjoying the process every bit as much as the results.
By the way, today I even went to Kelso, Wa and got my new truck it's 5000 mile "well baby check" this afternoon. Must keep up that warrenty......I do want to collect on that free-tires-for-life thing.
No comments:
Post a Comment