

It didn't rain today! Some clouds this morning but no rain. I actually wore sandles to work and didn't get my feet wet. Didn't even need to put on my jacket.
The weather was so pretty when I got home this evening, and I had been stuck in the office all day, that I went for a run. I ran in a random pattern down through town to the waterfront and along the river to the north end of our marina. There are float homes there as well as boats moored. I was confronted, once again, with what a beautiful place this is. The sky was blue and clear, the air was warm and the river was beautiful. Mount Hood was peaking above the boats in the marina and is still covered with snow. There were boys out riding skateboards (and pretending to run into me as I ran, laughing, at them) and couple out walking their dogs. I feel so fortunate to live here.
I returned home from my run to find the girls that live two houses south of me out in the street flirting with a boy on a skateboard. They said "Hi" and I got to ask if they would cat-sit for me this summer. They both seemed delighted. I think that may work out well for me. I'd like to know them better in any event.
I will include a couple of photos here of our marina in St. Helens. They were taken a bit earlier this year, but the scene is basically the same.
No comments:
Post a Comment