


At long last, a day with at least some sunshine that was not a work day!!
The morning was spent finally using my new power washer to remove the winter moss from the North side of my house, mowing both lawns, weeding and edging, spraying Round Up on weeds in the drive and helping Barbara Jenkins (next door's owner) weed. Everything looked much better by afternoon and I actually transplanted some flowers and did some grooming. I even planted a lovely new rose I bought at Ace. It's a Pink Peace and was so handsome and healthy that I couldn't resist it.
Towards evening, as I enjoyed a beer on my back deck, the sun emerged from the clouds and shone on my flower beds. The yellow and white Iris blooming are very unusual to me. I can't recall where I got them, though I'm thinking maybe from Lynette. They begged a picture and I obliged. As the sun moved lower it caught the Pansies blooming in my little mound of rock garden. They looked so bright in the sun that I thought they deserved a photo as well. The picture here is now my wallpaper on my desktop computer!
Last week a trip to Pro Photo Supply (always financially dangerous for me!) included the purchase of a photo printing paper I had never tried. It's by a company called Hahnemuhle, a German company that claims to have been manufacturing paper since 1584! I printed the photos included here on that paper and was totally astonished as the first one emerged from my printer. I have never seen such fine paper before! I've never used cheap paper.....I value my work too much and archival ink is too expensive for that. But, WOW!!! This stuff is amazing. I think I'm hooked and, of course, it isn't cheap. So, I guess I'll need to make another trip to Pro Photo. Yikes!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment