Sometime in February Mike ordered and received a new back door for my house. The one present when I bought my house was very ugly. Remember the green bathroom painted red last year??? Well, the kitchen door matched that awful green in my bathroom. Undoubtedly inspired by either a Model-T Ford or a John Deere Tractor. But I wanted my back door to be red.
For the past 6 weeks or so Mike and I have taken turns putting coats of red paint on my door. For some reason the paint didn't dry well or quickly. But finally, on Saturday evening the door arrived in St. Helens. Mike set about installing it almost immediately lest there be a problem. Since my house is not level and has no straight walls or door ways, a problem was not out of the question. But the only thing that had to be done was to plane off a portion of the jamb. And, behold, a new (RED!!) door with a window (The old door had no window)When we got up this morning there was so much light that it was as if the door was open. I just love it!!!! Plus, it's not green or metal. Perhaps, I will be inspired to paint the rest of my kitchen and woodwork. Now I just have to figure out how to make my front door not green. I don't think I am up to using the red paint again. But maybe a dark adobe like my livingroom wall.
No comments:
Post a Comment