Finally, my wood stove is installed! After all the planning, the tile setting, grouting, the controversy with about the "outside air source" and what supplies I really needed, it only took the installers from 1:oopm to 3:40pm to cut a hole in my ceiling and roof and complete the entire process. They didn't even make enough of a mess for me to vacuum up. I did have to make a very fast trip to Kelso, Washington during the installation to pick up the legs to my stove. The bozos at Woodstove Warehouse didn't bother to give me that box when I received the stove. I certainly would NOT recommend that establishment to anyone! It's too bad, because the folks at Earth & Sun in Rainier are so very nice. Unfortunately, they are now owned by the "dark side" over in Kelso.
But my stove is beautiful and I have a fire burning in it as I write these words. It was a bit of a chore to get the first fire started but it's doing well now and actually warming my home. It will be fun to see where my cats decide to sleep in relation to the stove. Thus far, they have not discovered it, but it's not terribly cold tonight either.
Soon I will plan the mantle for behind the stove. I think that will be a nice finishing touch for the whole project. When I bought this house I was amazed that it was so close to what I had envisioned as the ideal home for myself. The only thing lacking was a wood stove. Now I have that as well. I am so fortunate!!! Sometimes I look around and cannot believe that this is really mine and that this is where I am. Wow!!
No comments:
Post a Comment