

The coast is kind of back to normal. The snow is gone from the beach and the wind is not so bad. The weather last Saturday was actually really nice. I ran in the sunshine for the first time in a while. I must admit that I had enjoyed the crunch, crunch of my runs in the snow, but the sun was wonderful for a change.
Riley seemed to like the sun as well, but then Riley just likes it when I run. I did discover that he wont allow anyone to get between us. As I went out of the SE corner onto the logging road, I heard someone talking to Riley and they knew his name. It was Chad and Nicole, neighbors down the hill. They were out for a mountain bike ride and we passed each other back and forth several times as we had the same destinations. Riley stayed very close to me and didn't allow either of them between us, even though they are "friends" and he enjoys their affections and accepts their "pets." That was very comforting to me. He doesn't usually stay close to me but now I know that he would if there was someone else on the trail.
I took some shots of the storm littered beach while Mike was attending to a remodel on Tanana street. It's interesting to see what has washed up with all the violent wind and tides. The beach was semi-deserted and fairly cold, but beautiful just the same. A seagull was holding court on a chimney and managed to stretch himself out to look almost as long as a heron. Made a lot of nosie too.
This coming weekend has yet to be decided. I need to (finally) remove the lights on my house and badly need to cut back (additionally) my roses. Mat Zafino, the weather guru, says this is supposed to be a "nice" weekend, perhaps even into the high 40s or low 50s. Just not rain and snow would work for me so I could go outside without freezing. Besides, I'm way too tired to decide what to do tonight. I hope everyone enjoys the weekend. Perhaps I could even run here in St. Helens without slipping on the ice or being on a treadmill (UGH) at the gym.
No comments:
Post a Comment