Wednesday, January 17, 2007

It's Still Winter




There are children sledding on anything that will slide on every hill in this part of town. Some of the streets are actually blocked off for that purpose and some are not sanded yet so they're being used. It's really fun to watch. I tried my hand at my cross-country skis this morning, skiing up and down 4th Street for a while. Of course, just as my neighbor, Bart, came out of his house, I fell! He told me, however, that the streets were sanded all the way into town and that I could likely get my truck up the hill.


I did retrieve my truck and then walked to Red Apple making a circle around to Old Portland Road to assess the condition of the streets. They look good at this point, but it's snowing again right now. (Right now is 2:00pm) If it doesn't snow too awfully much, or if they sand well again, I should be able to get to work tomorrow. This is BORING!!!
The (unintentionally) sideways picture above is of a very industrious little woodpecker I encountered on my walk today. He was so busily pecking away that he allowed me to get very close before he moved to the backside of the tree. He was quite pretty with a red topknot.
Well, you've probably had enough of me for a few days. And I've certainly had enough of being somewhat home bound. I hope my next photos here will not be of snow....again.

No comments: