Friday, July 14, 2006

July 14, 2006



Rain, sun, rain.......it's Oregon! Actually, it was very reassuring to have the rain again the past two days. It doesn't feel quite right here when the sun shines too many days in a row. I love the sun, but I need the comfort of the rain too. Perhaps I'm not really a Californian at all, just a misplaced Oregonian.

I still need to program my automatic sprinkler for the garden. I will do that in the morning before I go to the coast. I have a ripe tomato!!!! And two ripe cucumbers along with many onions and lots of lettuce. My hot peppers are growing and the cilantro...dadgumit...has bloomed! So, I guess I will need to cut it, dry it or (Heaven forbid) buy it, to make salsa. The roses in the "circle" are doing really, really well. Lots of blooms and new growth. I finally got to see one bud on my front yard roses that the local deer missed. It's PINK! I don't know if they're all pink or just that one. I may never know if I can't find something to keep the deer from eating the new growth. And I thought that would only happen at the coast. Stupid me.

My south neighbors are having an 85th borthday party for Jessie tomorrow. I will mow my lawn before I leave so it looks better for them. I trimmed those awful grey plants that Edna & I both hate last evening so she coiuld see the dahlias bloom. I planted those on my little strip of land between us for her pleasure and she waters them for me. They are doing nicely and have good blooms. I weeded along there too, but then, that keeps the weeds from under my fence as well.

I took some additional moon photos at the coast last weekend when there was a full moon. Since they logged near Mike's all we have is the younger forest from the last clear-cut alost 15 years ago. But those trees are growing and they made a good background for the moon.

I'm running that awful 5K on the sand in Seaside again Sunday morning. I can't imagine I'll do very well this year as I haven't trained near as much as I did last year, but it's a fun run to do and the weather should be nice again. Peter and his friend are also running. I wonder if I will even see them. Peter seems to have such a phobia about me being a faster runner than he. What rot that is!!! But, perhaps he'll see how badly he beats me and will get over that. Anyway, it should be fun and I'll definately get my run in for the day....and a T-shirt to boot.

No comments: