Thursday, March 22, 2007

Blooming




My plum tree is growing and blooming! I bought my, at the time, little Green Gage Plum tree about a year ago at Home Depot for $19.00. It has far more than doubled in height since then and it is blooming very beautifully. I am thinking perhaps I should cut the tallest branches back a little bit so the tree will branch out more and not be such a giant. But maybe it's destined to be a giant anyway. I am hoping that the prolific blooms will fortell some fruit this year. I'm not sure if plum trees bear fruit this soon, but I hope so. Even one or two plums would be nice.
The first day of Spring was yesterday. Previous to then we'd had some very Spring-like weather. But yesterday morning brought 28 degree temperatures and a very cold, somewhat rainy day. Seems to me that was a sort of in-your-face thing. But today, at least until about 4pm, the day was fairly nice. I was able to run my 48 blocks in the sun during my lunch hour. The trees and flowers in NE Portland are so very beautiful in Spring. All the venerable old homes are very majestic and stately with their old and beautiful landscaping. I love to watch the season unfold as run. Tomorrow I will be escorting a possible new Doc around the facility. I'm invited to "lunch with the bunch" at the Rheinlander. If it's not raining, I will likely run again rather than try to pretend I enjoy the heavy German food available there. I sure hope it's not raining!
The sunset was awesome tonight. There were just enough clouds to create color and contrast in the sky. The temperature was mild - about 50 degrees - so I was comfortable watching the show for several minutes. Nature is a never ending source of pleasure to me. I often wish I had more time to simply enjoy the show and take more photos. Perhaps I should play the lottery more often. I've heard you need to enter in order to win.

No comments: