Tuesday, October 03, 2006

October is Here








A lot has happened since the Race For the Cure!

Cheri has opened her Tavern that has replaced the Cannon Beach Cookie Company. So now it is "Eat More Cookies and Drink More Beer." The wood work in the tavern is outstanding, thanks to Mike & Jeremy Capper and Peter. The tables, the bar and the other wood is just beautiful! This will be THE local hang-out for sure. There is a photo to document this.
I have a new running buddy. His name is Riley. He has reddish hair and is always up for a run. He is part Chow and part Shephard and part ???. But he is a love (insatiable really) and a great running partner. I have included photos of him as well.
Last Sunday Debbie came down to the coast. It seems as if we only walk on the beach when Debbie (and family) arrive, but this time we had Debbie to ourselves and it was very cool. We marched up a long way on the beach, talking all the time. Eventually, we turned around and walked back...with a tail wind... and BBQ'd our dinner on Capper Mountain.

The sunsets were beautiful this weekend. When we returned from our Kahneeta vacation we thought summer was done. But we have been rewarded with two more weeks of Indian Summer and it is great! I am sure that Fall will prevail and the rains will come, but, for now, I still have tomatos and cucumbers ripening in my garden and lettuce ready to eat. My radishes are almost ready an the carrots are looking good.

We (Eric and I) are deciding whether to run the Hood to Coast or the Rainier to the Pacific Relay next year. Eric has volunteered to be the "bad guy" if I will be the "figure-head" captain. That works for me and we will most likely run the HTC again. We'll see. Hopefully, most of my core team will join us again in Four Decades Running.

No comments: