


We had really hoped that we would have a Spring weekend that had sunshine and the ability to be outside all weekend. Sure! We do live in Oregon, which we had apparently chosen to ignore. Saturday loomed, at 7am, to be clear. By 9am it was drizzeling and by 10am frankly raining. Even out on Highway 53, where Jeremy lives, it was raining. So, we made meatloaf and retired for the night. Sunday, however had redeeming qualities. Not exactly warm you see, but not raining. Mike painted siding and 2X4s for railing. I ran and planted tomatos, Walla Walla onions, peas, sweet peas and radishes. Of course, the tomatos were under the greenhouse and we had to repair the burst (from the freeze this winter) T-connection for the water to the garden. My run was a good one, but I discovered that they are logging and have made two new roads to cut down more of our beautiful forest on my running path. I hate to see the lovely forest be cut to the ground. We really must stop this insatiable consumption of our natural earth resources. We will all live in a desolate dessert if we don't. What a greedy, spoiled society we have become! Ugh!!!
I took some photos of our lovely garden and area at the coast. What a treat to be a part of this garden. I hope what I have planted this year will flourish. I will attach some photos for you to see.
No comments:
Post a Comment