Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Will it Freeze Tonight?


It was supposed to freeze last night...and I rather believe it may have. I awoke at about 5:15am and the thermometer said 33-ish. Now, the big question is, will it do the same tonight? We have a wind blowing this evening and the temp in only about 55 right now at 10:15. I sure wont be very happy if I don't wrap the tomatos and it does freeze, but I doubt that it will. Gardening here is such a different matter than in California. "When all danger of frost is past" is a phrase that we largly ignored in SoCal, but you sure can't do that here. Plus, we never know exactly when "all danger of frost is past."

Tonight I bought some Solar "Malibu" lights for the back yard. I was duely warned that they can be easily stolen....by someone who lives in the city of course. I don't think there is much danger of anything but a raccoon stealing them from my backyard here. I'm eager to put them in, but I don't think that will happen tonight.

There is a pretty little blue flower that grows wild in the yard at the coast. For some reason I can never remember what it is called. I went to Rain Tree Sunday and saw some for sale. They are called (now don't laugh too hard) "Forget-me-nots." That's knid of like not being able to remember to take your Alzheimers medication. So, I took a picture of them in an effort to remember the name. Ya think that will help?

No comments: