Wednesday night my Psych class ended early. I am always surprised when I leave class and it is still light. Sitting in a lecture for 2-3 hours
usually makes me feel it will be dark when I leave. Though it was raining this evening, it was still daylight.As I exited Broadway onto 405 and the Marquam Bridge, Mt Hood was framed by pink tinged clouds and sunlight. It is impossible to stop on this bridge, but Oh what a photo that would have been! That immediately put me into a "photo" mood. Portland is a beautiful city, and especially so in certain light and at night with all the bridges and city lights reflecting on the river. So many times I have wished there were places on the freeways to pull out and take pictures. Unfortunately, there are not. My photo collection, as well as the city, is poorer [in my opinion] for that loss.
Approaching home and Scappoose Bay I noticed that the moon was full. The clouds had mostly cleared. My first thought was to wonder if the full moon would be anywhere near "my" oak tree. Of course it was. I couldn't resist. I had my new point-and-shoot Canon camera with me. It is an SX20-IS and has more features than I have been able to learn in the few weeks I've owned it. I parked in the usual spot (the drive into the Bayview Cemetary) and ran to the barbed wire fence around the pasture where the Oak Tree grows. As I snapped pictures, the gentle and curious cows approached me. They are accustomed to the farmer dropping hay bales over the fence for them. I, of course, had nothing but a camera. They mooed and chewed their cuds at me while I took pictures and felt guilty that I had no hay to feed them. I apologized, saying "Sorry ladies, I have nothing for you" and went on my way.
The photos are so-so but the mood is good. I love this setting and the tree. The cows aren't bad either. I think this is just about my favorite spot to photograph.

No comments:
Post a Comment