Our Psych instructor lectured for two hours tonight and then let us go. It is Cinco de Mayo and I think she thought we all wanted to party..................or perhaps she did. At any rate, at 7:25pm we were free.
Class is normally until 9:10pm so it was a surprise to see the daylight and also the sun!As I drove home on Hwy 30, the clouds had parted leaving the sun to shine on freshly rain-washed trees and river. The light was beautiful and, as I drew closer to Scappoose Bay, I wondered what "my" oak tree would look like in this light. I dared not speed since there are many (and I do mean MANY) State Troupers out lately, but I was still rewarded with the oak tree set on a background of pink, light-drenched clouds. I wish I could climb over the barbed wire fence into the pasture. That would give a better view for photography. As it is, I must choose my spot carefully in order to avoid the telephone poles and wires that could spoil the picture. Still, I love this spot and the view it provides. All the cattle were at the other end of the pasture this evening. I was hoping for at least one grazing cow in the photo, but no such luck.

No comments:
Post a Comment