Saturday, June 30, 2007

Saturday's OHSU Tram Run





Well, I said I would update y'all on this run and it almost didn't happen for me. In the wee hours of Friday morning I fell prey to a friendly, but very unpleasant, intestinal virus supplied by some staff members at the clinic. I lounged around the house Friday and decided that, if I couldn't run, at least I could walk the course with Rachel. So, we agreed to meet as planned at Sunset Transit Center at 9:30am today to ride MAX and then the streetcar to the South Waterfront Tram.
We arrived, checked in and boarded the Tram for the top of "Pill Hill." The view is magnificent. We snapped photos of each other and enjoyed the ride. Rachel has vertigo quite badly and even she was transfixed by what we could see. At the start we received our instructions as to how to follow the downhill course by looking for the white chalk arrows. We crossed the electronic start, hearing the small timing pieces tied to our shoelaces emit a beep-beep. I said I would try to run but might just stop and wait to walk with Rachel. But, as I ran down the beautiful and winding road, I seemed to gain strength. Of course, I ran the entire way and enjoyed every moment! I wonder where that came from!!?? I sat for a while at the finish until Rachel came into view. You can see her finish here in the last photo. What a great course. I hope they do this again next year.
The day was sunny and totally beautiful. I sat with Edna on her porch and gabbed, watered my flowers and even took a nap. I had my propane tank for the barbecue filled on the way home this morning so I grilled some chicken for dinner. An altogether great day!!!! Tomorrow I really must mow my lawns.

1 comment:

Rachel Keller said...

Hey wait a minute!!! You fogot to mention that you came FIRST in your class! Way to go! Sorry 'bout the dismally dark picture I took of you.