Thursday, April 12, 2007

Pretty Pieces of a Gray Day




However gray the weather, somewhere, someplace in the day is a piece of beauty and a ray of sun. I found my piece on the way out to my shop to check the laundry this evening. In spite of the heavy cloud layer, there was a break just at the horizon as the sun was setting. The gold of the sunset was showing through the newly leafed trees. Trees that were totally bare the last time I snapped a sunset picture from my porch a few weeks ago. The new greens of Spring are so vibrant, fresh and crisp!

Standing on the porch I noticed the pink tulips blooming in my neighbor Edna's yard. They still had raindrops on them from this evening's rain shower. Another little piece of prettiness in this very gray day!

Spring is such a hopeful season and brings such promise after the long, cold winters. Seeing this makes me want to run out and put more plants in the ground. But, drat.....it's raining again!

No comments: