My day today began with Edna's gladiola bulbs. Edna had phoned Friday to say she'd bought bulbs and would I put them in her yard and mine. They are a beautiful dark purple. I chose to put them in the strip of ground that belongs to me while the view belongs to Edna. About 11:00am I figured, if I worked fast, I could get her bulbs planted before the dark clouds opened to give a rain storm. I donned gloves, brought my yellow bucket for weeds, a trowel and weeder and set to work. Got the bulbs in fine...no rain. Her front planter was full of dandelions and weeds, as was her grass. Pulled all the dandelions, pulled all the weeds in the planters, planted an Irish Cream Rose for her, scattered flower seeds in her planters and in mine.....no rain. Put Weed & Feed on both front lawns and half of my back lawn, discovered the rest of my Weed & Feed had gotten wet, ran to the garden center, bought more Weed & Feed plus 5 tomato plants and one Jalapeno pepper........no rain. Planted Jalapeno pepper and then tomatoes in red mulch plastic....no rain. The tomatoes look weird in that plastic stuff but it's supposed to make a better crop of fruit. We'll see. Finished putting the Weed & Feed on the back lawn, watered everything, planted two hydrangea plants from Lana's cuttings, gave all my veggies and flowers some long-acting plant food and still no rain!!! By 5:00pm I was beat! My yard looks like a garden again, stuff is growing (weeds as well, darn it) and looks like I will have a nice yard again this summer. It's now 7:45pm and it still hasn't rained, though the clouds remain around the edges. What a beautiful day. Perhaps Spring really will come and Summer to follow. I just love it here!!!!
Sunday, April 22, 2007
A Hole in My Floor & More Gardening
My day today began with Edna's gladiola bulbs. Edna had phoned Friday to say she'd bought bulbs and would I put them in her yard and mine. They are a beautiful dark purple. I chose to put them in the strip of ground that belongs to me while the view belongs to Edna. About 11:00am I figured, if I worked fast, I could get her bulbs planted before the dark clouds opened to give a rain storm. I donned gloves, brought my yellow bucket for weeds, a trowel and weeder and set to work. Got the bulbs in fine...no rain. Her front planter was full of dandelions and weeds, as was her grass. Pulled all the dandelions, pulled all the weeds in the planters, planted an Irish Cream Rose for her, scattered flower seeds in her planters and in mine.....no rain. Put Weed & Feed on both front lawns and half of my back lawn, discovered the rest of my Weed & Feed had gotten wet, ran to the garden center, bought more Weed & Feed plus 5 tomato plants and one Jalapeno pepper........no rain. Planted Jalapeno pepper and then tomatoes in red mulch plastic....no rain. The tomatoes look weird in that plastic stuff but it's supposed to make a better crop of fruit. We'll see. Finished putting the Weed & Feed on the back lawn, watered everything, planted two hydrangea plants from Lana's cuttings, gave all my veggies and flowers some long-acting plant food and still no rain!!! By 5:00pm I was beat! My yard looks like a garden again, stuff is growing (weeds as well, darn it) and looks like I will have a nice yard again this summer. It's now 7:45pm and it still hasn't rained, though the clouds remain around the edges. What a beautiful day. Perhaps Spring really will come and Summer to follow. I just love it here!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment