


One of the many reason I love Oregon is the beautiful color and changes of seasons. The pictures attached here were taken on my way to work yesterday morning. They are on Highway 30 across from Rocky Point Marina on the Multnomah Channel of the Columbia River. It was raining and the bark of the trees was black against the bright yellow of the leaves. The stricking difference and the contract from the evergreen fir trees is so very beautiful. I can barely drive some mornings for looking at the scenery. I must find a way to stop and photograph some of the scenes I see on the river further south towards Portland as well. The light and fog this time of year make very beautiful pictures against the river and the hills. Unfortunately the road is narrow and there are many trucks making their way to the Industrial area for commerce. The other thing that fascinates me is the "railraod art" on the sides of the rail cars. I know that it is essentially vandalism and very destructive, but some of it is so innovative and creative that I can't help but want to document it. That's the sort of thing that would make me want to work less and play more. Of course. if I didn't work I wouldn't have the $$ to support my "habit" of photography! The old rock and a hard place thing lives on.
Tonight I am sleepy and will leave the BLOG at this. Perhaps tomorrow I will have more. The rains have raised the level of the channel and the river and there are many wonderful scenes out there to photograph. Every season brings a wonder of things here and also the wonder that the next season will come again.
No comments:
Post a Comment