Sunday, June 06, 2010

Goldfinches and Other Birds


The Goldfinches do not seem to mind the rain. It's a good thing 'cause it just keeps raining. I keep trying out my new cameras to see what they will do. These photos are part of the results of that endeavor.

I find that if I put either of the cameras on manual focus I can shoot from many different places. That includes through a window screen and from the neighbor's yard. Both of my newer cameras have many programs that are new and wonderful, but I am still learning. But I can still focus manually when I need to.

Apparently my Niger Seed is sought after by more than just the Goldfinches. As I can see in these pictures, the Juncos also like those seeds. Both species are so small that it is hard to tell the juveniles apart. Even though to us, it is still cold and rainy, I believe there are some newly hatched little birds around. I think that's is what I am seeing in my bid feeders this weekend.

Anyway, enjoy the photos and we'll all hope for more sun in the days to come!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: