Saturday, August 09, 2008

Gone, Gone Green





Almost all the green is gone. It was banished from the bathroom last winter, Mike replaced my back door this spring and today I painted my bedroom. It no longer looks like Henry Ford had a bad dream of St. Patty's day. The bottom of the walls took three coats of paint to cover the green. But now it actually looks like part of my home. Since the bedroom is visually a part of the living room, I chose paint that matches. The top of the walls are the same color as the north wall of the living room and the bottom matches the west living room wall.

Tomorrow I will paint the wood trim and install the new mini blinds I bought to replace the (yes) green ones! I love dark, shiny green on grass, leaves of a tree and on Mike's Jag but not on the walls and doors of my house.

Speaking of doors, the only green left is my front door. It's a metal door-not my favorite-but it has a nice arch-shaped multi pane window. If it doesn't take forever to paint the trim tomorrow and the weather is warm, I may take a shot at painting the door. I have some very nice satin outdoor paint in a kind of brick/tomato red. It would be wonderful to have that done as well.

So, we'll see what tomorrow brings. Right now I am waaaaay tired and am going to bed!

No comments: