Sunday, November 25, 2007

What Can I Say....?





I have been absent for over a month. It has not been an idle month at all. Fall is ending in this part of Oregon and Winter inches ever closer. With Winter comes the shorts days. Daylight savings time ended later this year but it always brings the reality that our winter days are very short. We arise in the dark and return home in the dark. Somehow our energy ebbs and we don't have the same ability to continue our productive hours as long as before. I guess we too are creatures of the Mother Earth just like bears. We tend to need more sleep this time of year just as the animals do. Of course, we are animals too!
Fall is a beautiful time here in the Pacific Northwest. As I drive to Cannon Beach by way of Hwy 30 I am inspired to stop along the way to snap a photo or two. Trojan Park is a favorite of mine and the trees were very beautiful as I passed by. I stopped to take a few pictures and have included one here. Some of the time this fall I have gone through Vernonia to Hwy 26 to reach the coast. That is a most beautiful drive and I have taken several photos there as well.
Last weekend, as Mike & I drove into town, there were Aminitas mushrooms in a yard on Sunset. Usually there are just one or two, but here were many. They are very beautiful and also very deadly! But, they make beautiful photos and here are two. The other photo is of Mike & Riley on the beach. What a surprise, lovely day we had on November 10th. It was supposed to rain and blow, but we had sunshine and calm. We allowed Riley a ride in the bed of my truck and a walk on the beach. I think we wore him out but not before I was able to snap this photo of Mike and Riley in the coming sunset. Riley was so tired that he stayed in my truck while we enjoyed happy hour at the Cookie Company with Cherri and Pete. Of course, I should mention that, when I introduced Cherri to Riley, he accepted her petting and then tried to bite her hand. Good grief!!! Now she will likely never walk up to Capper Mountain again.

No comments: