Sunday, August 12, 2007

Not Summer




I was right to work outside yesterday. Today was not summer! It has drizzled all day.




It was a good day to re-set my tile. I lifted up all the loose tiles. It seemed the further towards the front of the pattern I went the looser the tiles were. There were only one or two in the back and only the top 1 & 1/2 rows on the wall had to be re-stuck. Weird! I like the pre-mixed adhesive though. I found it was easier to "butter" the backs of the tiles and set them than to try to spread it on the cement board. Getting the bottom row to stay in place and not slide down behind the floor was a real challenge. As you can see from the photos, kitchen knives came to the rescue. I'm reluctant to remove them now and will probably leave them there a few days! My cat, Mellow, seemed not to be bothered at all by all the pounding of tiles and scraping of adhesive. HE slept through the whole thing!




The wood stove is out of my truck! Bart, my across the street neighbor, asked to borrow my extension ladder to remove Edna's "dish" from her roof. It must be returned for a refund. As he passed my front door to return the ladder he casually remarked "Oh, by the way, I took your wood stove out of your truck. It's in the carport." I have no idea how he did it all alone! I thought sure I'd be driving it to work and back tomorrow in order to bring a furniture dolly home with me. Wow! What great neighbors he and Lori are.




Perhaps we'll have another day or two of summer this coming week! I'm sure looking forward to Kahneeta!

No comments: