Monday, August 07, 2006

A Free Weekend Looms





This coming weekend may be the only "free" weekend I have all summer. And, wonder of all wonders, the little town where I live is having an Arts & Eats Festival. The "Old Town" area is only a couple of blocks from me-I can actually hear the music from my backyard-and that means whatever is happening down there requires no driving. Mike has invited his brother and I believe we will take in the festivities and music on Saturday. Perhaps, if we are ambitious and fortunate, we could even manage to go kayaking on Sunday......that is if we don't sleep in too long! If I had known of the art festival sooner I would have submitted my photos for the juried art show. Perhaps next year!?

I saw an interesting car this evening at Fred Meyers in Scappoose. I took some photos for Mike, as it was "sort of" a Jag. It was a SS100 - or Sparrow - as Mike says. He says it was a precursor to the Jag. In any event, it was very nice and I was given permission to snap some photos of it. It is apparently a restoration of a 1937 car that was quite limited in production-about 66 vehicles-and this one looks quite nice. The owner was very gratified that I called it "cool" and not cute. I guess people say its cute and he feels that it is "classy" or "cool" rather than cute. I agreed, so I was given some interesting information about it and permission to take photos. I have included some of those here.

The Hood to Coast looms ever closeer. Our start time is 12 Noon on Friday, August 25th. That is a great time. We don't need to be up at the crack of dawn on Friday, but we can still finish by noon or 2:00PM on Saturday. MeMe Sanna has been a great help to me, as she was last year. Unfortunately she wont be able to run again this year due to an injury. But she will be with the team as a driver and the ultimate cheerleader again. I couldn't do this without her. I have several returning members from my last year's team and some really cool new members. Of course, my son and daughter-in-law are coming again and bringing more family with them as well. I love that!! I love that my family is growing and they actually want to be with me!

Enjoy the week. I'll fill you in on the St Helens festival next weeekend. There is Jazz music on the schedule as well as boat rides, so I might have some neat photos to share again.

No comments: